Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Guest Sherri Lee Breathless Press Editor


Hello everyone, I’m Sherri Lee, managing editor for Breathless Press.

I joined the Breathless Press team in September of 2009 and have really enjoyed getting to see some of the excellent work that’s been coming through our virtual doors.

As a wife and mother, I appreciate the opportunity that I've been given to work as an editor. I get to incorporate on a daily basis two of my favorite things in life: reading and spending time with my son. If I had to pick one specific genre as my passion, it would be erotic paranormal romance. But I enjoy reading a little of everything.

Some of the authors on top of my list include: JR Ward, Lora Leigh, Lara Adrian, Angela Knight, Larissa Ione, and Gena Showalter. Oh man, the list could just go on and on, but I think you see the trend.

Our editing process at Breathless Press is quite streamlined. Once a manuscript is accepted by our Acquisition's department, the document is forwarded to me for assignment to an appropriate editor. There are several factors to consider when making that decision: availability, editorial deadline, genre, and compatibility. From the moment a project is assigned, the author's principal contact becomes his or her editor. With our authors and editors working together in such a close relationship it simplifies the lines of communication within the company.

Our goal at Breathless Press is to create a positive experience that brings our writers back again and again. So what are you waiting for? Stop by Breathless Press and see what’s hot on our shelves, and authors, get your manuscripts polished and send them in. I’d love a chance to read your latest creation.


Visit Breathless Press HERE

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home